Monday, February 14, 2011

Winter at Fairchild

Humans that come from the North say that this is the most wonderful season in Florida.
I totally disagree. Who can possibly love Winter?
Nights are cold, insects are scarcely found and you have to walk a lot to find colorful flowers.

But as my uncle says anyone is free to make theories.

Anyway you can find here and there interesting details.

Like this Sweet Almond Bush. Last bees are visiting it every day...

All Eucalyptus are perennial and all of them smell good...


When you look at the Gumbo Limbo bark and at beach-tourists you know why it's called “Tourist Tree”

Trunks are interesting at any season, like this palm tree that according to the label is an Astrocaryum mexicanum. I run here with my cousin because I know that climbing it scares it to death.

You can always find an Alpinia Purpurata blooming

Or my favorites, Heliconias

Once in a while they put some sculptures, more or less fortunate...




Or you can also visit the glasshouse, There is never winter there. Do you like this Sealing Wax plam tree?

It comes from Thailand and Malaysia.

And the Helmet flower?

I enjoy watching it close up.




Giant ferns are really... giant and some of them have amazing leaves...


And, of course, The Chocolate Festival! Next day I will show you some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment